Monday, April 4, 2011

Bjorn Hegardt

Bjorn Hegardt is a Norwegian/Swedish contemporary artist that works with drawing, installation and photography.  His work really stood out to me and found it to be really unique and different from anything else I've ever seen.
This first piece by Hegardt shows really good use of line.  It looks as though the piece is one continuous line that never ends.  I like the way he made the head of the animal a chandelier that had a number of curves and look like they weave in and out of each other.  I like that the artist only used black and white but I think it would make it really interesting to see it different types of color. 

This second piece by Hegardt has to be my favorite.  I feel like you could look at it in so many different perspectives.  One way looks as if the room is floating in space without a floor or another way you could look at it is that the floor of the room looks like the night sky.  Either way you want to look at it makes it a cool drawing.  Bjorn is really good at using line and this is one great example.  The furniture and windows are so precise and perfected.

This last piece by Bjorn is slightly more simply yet very different from the other two pieces.  To most viewing this piece, it looks like the windows are kind of going around in a circle and traveling from the wall onto the floor.  I think it was a cool idea but I don't really understand its concept.  This piece is a little more boring to me than the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment